General Chemistry 1 and 2 (INCHEM 111, CHEM 112), Inorganic Chemistry (Chem 363), Organometallics (Chem 365)
My research interests lie in the field of asymmetric catalysis. In particular I am interested in designing and synthesizing novel transition metal catalyst for a variety of catalytic reactions. This research involves synthesizing novel ligands (molecules to bind a metal), binding them to the metal of interest, and then investigating the complexes utility. I am also interested in kinetic and mechanistic investigations of catalytic reactions.
Outside of chemistry, I am an avid hiker and skier. I have hiked 40 of the 48 4000 footers in NH. I have also spent time in Adirondacks, Green mountains, and have taken multiple trips to the Rockies and most recently returned from a trip in the Cascades in Washington.
- Cain, M. F.; Reynolds, S. C.; Anderson, B. J.; Glueck, D. S.; Golen, J. A.; Moore, C. E.; Rheingold, A. L. Inorg. Chim. Acta 2011, 369, 55-61.
- Anderson, B.J.; Keith, J.A.; Sigman, M.S. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 11872-11874. Experimental and Computational Study of a Direct O2-Coupled Wacker Oxidation: Water Dependence in the Absence of Cu Salts.
- Anderson, B. J.; Guino-o, M. A.; Glueck, D. S.; Golen, J. A.; DiPasquale, A. G.; Liable-Sands, L. M.; Rheingold, A. L. Org. Lett. 2008, 10, 4425–4428. Platinum-Catalyzed Enantioselective Tandem Alkylation/Arylation of Primary Phosphines. Asymmetric Synthesis of P-Stereogenic 1-Phosphaacenaphthenes.
- Anderson, B. J.; Glueck, D. S.; DiPasquale, A. G.; Rheingold, A. L. Organometallics 2008, 27, 4992-5001. Substrate and Catalyst Screening in Platinum-Catalyzed Asymmetric Alkylation of Bis(secondary) Phosphines. Synthesis of an Enantiomerically Pure C2-Symmetric Diphosphine.
- Brunker, T. J.; Anderson, B. J.; Blank, N. F.; Glueck, D. S.; Rheingold, A. L. Org. Lett. 2007, 9, 1109-1112. Enantioselective Synthesis of P-Stereogenic Benzophospholanes Via Palladium-Catalyzed Intramolecular Cyclization.
- Blank, N. F.; Moncarz, J. R.; Brunker, T. J.; Scriban, C.; Anderson, B. J.; Amir, O.; Glueck, D. S.; Zakharov, L. N.; Golen, J. A.; Incarvito, C. D.; Rheingold, A. L. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 6847-6858. Palladium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Phosphination. Scope, Mechanism, and Origin of Enantioselectivity.
- Brunker, T. J., Blank N. F.; Moncarz, J. R.; Scriban, C.; Anderson, B. J.; Glueck, D. S.; Zakharov, L. N.; Golen, J. A.; Sommer, R. D.; Incarvito, C. D.; Rheingold, A. L. Organometallics 2005, 24, 2730-2746. Chiral Palladium(0) trans-Stilbene Complexes: Synthesis, Structure, and Oxidative Addition of Phenyl Iodide.
- Frey, S. T.; Hutchins, B. M.; Anderson, B. J.; Schreiber, T. K.; Hagerman, M. E. Langmuir 2003, 19, 2188-2192. Catalytic Hydrolysis of 4-Nitrophenyl Phosphate by Lanthanum(III)-Hectorite.