Community and Professional Service
Scholarship - book chapters, book reviews and presentations
- "A School Psychologist Answers This Question by Reviewing a Book with a Long Sub-Title ." Review of Why Don't Students Like School? A Cognitive Scientist Answers Questions About How the Mind Works and What it Means for the Classroom (Willingham) in PsychCritiques: Contemporary Psychology. 2010, 55(14).
- "Undoing the Work of the Fool." Review of Creativity, Wisdom, and Trusteeship: Exploring the Role of Education. (Garner, Craft, Claxton) in PsychCritiques: Contemporary Psychology. 2010, 54(1).
- Yes, They Do Grow Up”. Review of Emerging and Young Adulthood: Multiple Perspectives, Diverse Narratives (Komstam) in PsychCritiques: Contemporary Psychology. 2008, 53(24).
- “Bubblemania”. Review of Collateral damage: How high stakes testing corrupts America’s schools. (Nichols and Berliner) in PsychCritiques: Contemporary Psychology. 2008, 53(2).
- “An Ecological Perspective on School Reform”. Review of Learning Places: A field guide for improving the context of schooling (Fullan and St Germain) in PsychCritiques: Contemporary Psychology. 2007, 52(33)
- “Collaborative Learning Among Faculty: Using Course Management Systems to Support Faculty Development.” Chapter in Computer Supported Collaborative Learning: Best Practices and Principles for Instructors. (Orvis and Lassiter, 2007).
- “Faculty Priorities”. Review of Faculty Priorities Reconsidered (O’Meara and Rice). The National Teaching and Learning Forum. October, 2006.
- “Adult Learning”. Review of Best Practices in Adult Learning (Bash). The National Teaching and Learning Forum. October, 2005.
- “An Integrated Model for Technology Planning: Alignment with Institutional Mission” Chapter in Enhancing Education Productivity in Higher Education, Miller and Groccia, 2004
- “Enhancing Student and Faculty Learning Using Web Course Authoring Tools", November, 2000 presentation, Concord NH. McAuliffe Conference.
- “Adult Ways of Knowing”, August, 2000 presentation, Washington, DC. American Psychological Association Convention.
- “Layering Learning”, June, 2000 presentation, Richmond VA. WCB Users Conference.
- “The Integrated Professional Portfolio”, November, 1999 presentation, Durham, NH. Preparing Future Faculty Workshop (invited)