Find us on Google+
The Redfern Arts Center on Brickyard Pond features the superb Alumni Recital Hall, two theatres, technology-enhanced practice facilities, rehearsal rooms, media-enhanced classrooms, a dance studio, and the Music Technology Instruction Lab.
- The Keene State College Department of Music is made up of approximately
90 music majors and 10 music minors.
- The music faculty consists of 10 full-time professors and 23 specialized
lecturers and adjunct instructors.
- KSC is accredited by the National Association of Schools
of Music (NASM), the only liberal arts institution in northern New
England to be accredited by the association. Other accreditations
include the National
Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the New England
Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), and the New Hampshire
Council for Teacher Education (NHCTE).
- The KSC Department of Music has one of the largest and most active collegiate chapters
of the National Association for Music Educators(NAfME), and it has received
numerous national, regional, and campus awards in recent years. Students also participate in collegiate chapters of MTNA and ACDA.
- The Department of Music awards 12 scholarships each
year, including three Academic Talent Scholarships to incoming freshmen.
The Academic Talent awards are $18,000
each and are distributed to recipients over four years of study at Keene State. Two other scholarships, The Ruth Berman Mellion Music Scholarship ($1,000) and the Dorothea A. Kitlan Scholarship ($3,000), are single awards given to incoming freshmen.
- In addition to departmental scholarships, there are many college
and external scholarships awarded to KSC students through Student
Financial Services. Visit
- The Department of Music presents more than 100 public concerts, clinics, workshops, master classes, and
recitals each year.
- KSC music graduates have successful careers in music education
and performance throughout the United States and around the world
(e.g., Japan, South Korea, Germany, Jordan) and have completed graduate study at some of the most prestigious universities, schools of music, and conservatories in the country.