|The Keene State College Department of Music is offering a $500 cash prize to the successful winner of its 2012 CALL FOR SCORES. Composers of any age, residence, or citizenship are invited to submit works for SATB chorus, according to the criteria below.
Submissions must be postmarked by April 15, 2012
Composers are required to pay an application fee of $20. Checks should be made payable to KSC Department of Music
- Please submit one choral work, 5-10 minutes in length, scored for SATB chorus with occasional divisi.
- Please choose a text which incorporates any aspect of land conservation and preservation. Composers must submit proof of copyright or public domain.
- Compositions may be a cappella or may include any combination of violin, clarinet, flute, and tenor saxophone.
- Compositions must have been written within the last five years.
- Compositions may have been performed, but preference may be given to unperformed works.
Please incude the following:
- Two bound scores containing the composer’s name, the title and date of the work, instrumentation, and duration.
- Two CD recordings of the work containing the composer’s name, the title and date of the work, instrumentation, and duration. If the work has never been performed, a midi recording will be accepted.
- Two copies of a resume or c.v. containing the composer’s contact information.
- Two copies of a one-paragraph bio of the composer.
- Two copies of the performance history of the work being submitted.
- A $20 application fee, payable by check to KSC Department of Music.
- For return of materials, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Send materials to:
Keene State College Department of Music
2012 CALL FOR SCORES
229 Main Street, MS 2402
Keene, NH 03435
About the Competition
The Keene State College Department of Music is committed to bringing new works to its campus, in an effort to introduce new works to our students and to help contribute to a long and successful lineage in the creation of new works. Each year, a different KSC professional or student ensemble may be chosen to present the new work. Submissions to the Keene State College 2012 CALL FOR SCORES will be previewed by an in-house committee. A limited number of scores will then be submitted to an external panel of judges for final review. A winner will be announced by August 1, 2012.
The 2012 winning composition will be showcased by The Keene State College Chamber Singers on December 1, 2012. The performance will take place in the Alumni Recital Hall of the Redfern Arts Center on Keene State College’s campus. The winning composer is invited, but not required, to attend this concert.
An application fee of $20 per entry will be used to pay administrative costs and hire adjudicators. It will also contribute to the final $500 prize. Keene State College current and former faculty, students, and alumni are not eligible to apply for the 2012 CALL FOR SCORES. Keene State College and adjudicators for the 2012 CALL FOR SCORES reserve the right to award no winner. In the case that no winner is chosen, all application fees beyond administrative and adjudication costs will contribute to the 2013 prize. Questions may be directed to Professor Heather Gilligan at .